Enjoying Open Source Software
Using open source software is a great experience.
Most open source software provides the user with a lot of possibilities to do great things.
I love open soure operating systems and use on a daily basis:
Variety of hardware
I use a variety of hardware, both real laptops and PC's as well as all kind of small boards, like the Rapsberry Pi, Beaglebone Black and Odroid boards.
Plain text is beautiful
I prefer to work in plain text. Almost everything I write, I write in plain text, mostly Markdown and the org-mode format.
I prefer applications with a TUI, a text-based user interface.
Some recent pages
Below are some of the most recent pages.
- Prose linting with Vale and Flycheck in Emacs on FreeBSD (2023-10-22)
- EWW survival guide (2023-09-23)
- OpenBSD 7.3 on a twenty year old IBM ThinkPad R31 (2023-08-04)
- Migrate notes in Emacs from Deft to Denote (2023-08-03)
- Moving from Pleroma to Honk (2023-07-02)
- Use ERC and ZNC to chat on IRC with Emacs (2023-06-04)
- Using org-attach in Emacs org-mode (2023-05-25)
- New PGP key (2023-05-18)
For other pages, see: