Enjoying Open Source Software
Using open source software is a great experience.
Most open source software provides the user with a lot of possibilities to do great things.
I love open soure operating systems and use on a daily basis:
Variety of hardware
I use a variety of hardware, both real laptops and PC's as well as all kind of small boards, like the Rapsberry Pi, Beaglebone Black and Odroid boards.
Plain text is beautiful
I prefer to work in plain text. Almost everything I write, I write in plain text, mostly Markdown and the org-mode format.
I prefer applications with a TUI, a text-based user interface.
Some recent pages
Below are some of the most recent pages.
- Some notes on OpenBSD 7.2 on a Thinkpad X201 (2023-03-04)
- Zoom window in Emacs (2023-02-22)
- Reading notes with nov.el-mode and org-noter (2023-01-25)
- Emacs Gnus for following Usenet news, mailing lists and RSS-feeds (2023-01-18)
- Fun with ersatz-emacs on NetBSD 3.0 (2022-12-10)
- NetBSD 9.3 on FreeBSD bhyve (2022-12-08)
- Open files with Deft in read only mode (2022-12-05)
- Build SBCL on FreeBSD (2022-10-22)
For other pages, see:
or just the page with all posts
Proud member of the 10kb.club and the 250kb.club.
Most recent pages All tags Sitemap RSS RSS of Gophersite