Enjoying Open Source Software
Using open source software is a great experience.
Most open source software provides the user with a lot of possibilities to do great things.
I love open soure operating systems and use on a daily basis:
Variety of hardware
I use a variety of hardware, both real laptops and PC's as well as all kind of small boards, like the Rapsberry Pi, Beaglebone Black and Odroid boards.
Plain text is beautiful
I prefer to work in plain text. Almost everything I write, I write in plain text, mostly Markdown and the org-mode format.
I prefer applications with a TUI, a text-based user interface.
Some recent pages
Below are some of the most recent pages.
- Create presentation slides with Groff and mom (2022-09-23)
- Texinfo as Personal Knowledge Base (2022-08-28)
- OpenBSD 7.1 on the Olimex A20-OlinuXino-LIME2 (2022-08-16)
- The Old Computer Challenge 2022 (2022-07-17)
- Beaglebone Black still going strong (2022-06-20)
- Gitweb on FreeBSD with mini_httpd (2022-06-18)
- Ratpoison window manager on GalliumOS (2022-06-10)
- Emacs Doom on an old Chromebook (2022-05-10)
For other pages, see: