box.matto.nl

home/

Migrated to Ikiwiki

Last edited

Originally I build this website with a set of shell scripts. The most important tools were m4, awk, sed and make.

After a couple of years it became eminent that the use of tags could be a real bonus. Implementing tags could be done by either expanding these scripts or go to a ready made solution. I did some research and stumbled upon ikiwiki.

[ikiwiki]

It turned out that with some scripting the site could be migrated to ikiwiki. So now I am using git to maintain the source of the pages and ikiwiki to generate this website from those sources.

I did set up a dedicate jail on my small FreeBSD server in which I installed git and ikiwiki. The final webpages are rsynced to the webserver.

Date conversion on FreeBSD

Ikiwiki uses the timestamps of the sourcefile to get the creationdate and the last modificationdate. In my original website I used the information in the CVS Entries file for this. The dates in this file are in the following format: "Sat Oct 31 12:59:35 2009". Touch however needs "[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm".

So all that was needed was a small script that converted the dateformat of the Entries file to the format that touch uses.

This turned out to be quite easy:

date -j -f "%a %b %d %T %Y" "$origdate" "+%Y%m%d%H%M"